Thursday, February 4, 2010

flea-sized me.

i'm sitting here, on the floor, because i can't find my extension cord to plug my computer in (which is about to die). Usually this is where i sit in the living room, because the ethernet cord isn't much longer than my power cord to my laptop, but thanks to poppa yesterday for giving me a 15 foot ethernet cord, i can now sit further away from my television (and modem) as long as the battery (for the laptop) is charged.

I just need to figure out how to set this router up, or get a new one, because of all the attempts i've made to set this one up, none of them have worked. we pay for the internet, i should very well be able to use it anywhere in the house, and not just huddled up and hunched over next to the tv. my fault. and jason's sooo not a computer guy. he cares NOTHING about the internet or anything to do with it, except checking the weather and the traffic before work, (and occasionally reading my/our facebook or blog).

lewie is lying on his back to my right, sucking on his bottle, even though he should totally be about an hour into his nap.... he wants nothing to do with napping right now. today, he has managed to hit an octave that i didn't even know was possible (especially from a boy). he finished his bottle and starts rolling over, and before you know it, he's on the other side of the large rug, so he's managed to roll almost 9 feet away from me. i like watching him roll. i like watching him in motion. (heck, it's better than having him SCREAM directly into your ear and piercing or PUNCTURING your eardrum). of all the things and toys and jumpers and belongings that lewie has, his red little package of wipes seems to be his favorite toy. he likes the way it sounds when he crinkles the packaging. he likes lifting it up and trying to shove it in his mouth. he can't choke on it. he likes to bite it, and when he DOES manage to get a good "bite" onto the side, it's kinda squishy, because there are only wipes inside. man. you'd think as parents (especially of more than one child) you'd learn.... you'd learn to just purchase the necessities. the car seat (and they'll play with the box) but it's a win win situation because you still NEED the carseat and apparently, they NEED the box. no extra money spent on toys. buy the wipes because you need those, and they'll play with them while you're not using them. wa-lah! brilliant! yeah, i'm sure we'll still never learn.... and our houses will ALWAYS be messy and filled with extra unneeded toys (although they seem like GREAT ideas at the time)

anyway.... my classes.... one is going pretty well. work isn't crazy hard. it's more like exploring my options.... and THEN.... there's the other course.... unfortunately the much harder course is a full semester, whereas the easier one will be ending in the next month or so. this more difficult one, i thought, was doable. i was all pumped up, went into it, ready to knock it out.... and then there was my professor.... he is something else! he's BRUTAL!!!! he knows everything about this topic (which is a good thing, after all he is TEACHING the course) but he has had YEARS of training and going over and over and over the same material. he's had years and years and years of reviewing and memorizing this material and knowing it inside and out.... i'm sorry. info doesn't click like that for me. i don't know every name of everyone and i certainly don't remember important dates (unless it's like the first time i met my husband, or the day he told me i could have starbucks whenever i wanted for the rest of my life) i mean, come on. now THOSE dates are dates to be remembered.... ha! no, but seriously, i am really trying to get this information down. you know how you skim when you read, or you think you pick out what's important and what probably isn't so important??.... yeah, well with this class, EVERYTHING is important, so you better know EVERYTHING.... and i mean EVERYTHING!!!! *sigh* so just as soon as i felt confident and big and excited, i came down to feeling no larger than a flea.... self esteem knocked right out of me....

so off to naptime lewie goes..... yes, i have my venti starbucks to my right now, instead of my screaming son... and my schoolbooks and papers scattered all around me....

feeling about equivalent to the size of a flea leaves me two options: 1. drop the course and quit now, before it's too late, or 2. dig in that much deeper and don't go down without a fight....

i think those of you that really know me, know which one i choose....

so it's to the videos and text i go.... again.... and again and again and again....

No comments: