Wednesday, February 17, 2010

another regret.

another regret is that i didn't take more advantage of school when i was living back at my moms when taylor was younger.

i moved back in to the lakewood house when i was pregnant with taylor. and went to school until the semester i was going to have her, then i took classes after she was born. she was born in september and i started classes again in january.... and i did well for a while.... and then i don't know what happened. my need to work became greater than my need for school (or so i thought, at the time)....

and so here I am.... many of years later, still undecided of what to do about the situation.... am i too old to get a degree and pursue a career I'd more than love to do? Is that "career" way far out of reach and would I even be successful at it anyway? I would love to do it, but where would I start? I have no idea.... I just know that I'd love to do it....

HOWEVER, I must say that my ideal career, years ago, was nursing.... i have a heart to help people for sure.... it's just that in nursing, my emotions were never separated from home, and that was hard.... VERY hard.... i am not sure that i could take that.... i didn't have this idea years ago to follow an entirely different career path, but now i do, and i just wonder if it's too late.... financially would we be okay if i pursued this career? i have no idea. Jason says we'll be just fine. and 99.9% of me trusts that we would.... i think that other .1% trusts that too, but just wants to help anyway....

i regret not going to school and finishing school years ago while i had the best opportunity to do so.

No comments: