Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thank you Steve.

you know, i've always been a pretty emotional and sentimental person when i care about someone or something....
i guess this also makes me a pack rat too.... i have barbie dolls still in their original packaging that my dad bought me. i have his high school sweatshirt. i have games and dolls he bought or gave me.... i have every (and i mean EVERY) SINGLE PAIR of eyeglasses i've ever worn and owned since i was 5 and in kindergarten. the pink and clear plastic pair (my very first pair) are now yellow tinged and you can barely even tell they had pink in them.... 
i saved ticket stubs to catalina and the tours we took there. i saved san diego zoo ticket stubs and smashed pennies.... i mean, i have so many weird things you wouldn't think a kid at the age of 5 would save, but i did.... i have a totem pole i made in 1st grade. i have window decorations for some odd holidays.... 
yeah, i'm just weirdly sentimental.... or maybe, i'm just afraid to let go.... 

anyway, regardless of me not letting go, i'll go back to being sentimental.... i am very open and honest about the way i feel about many things.... so open and so honest, that often, people probably wish they didn't know how i felt.... i'm sure with jason my openness has been an obstacle, because he is a pleaser. like most men, he is a fixer. he wants to fix the problem.  so anytime i voice a problem, he wants to fix it.  guess what? i don't always want the problem fixed!!!!  he knows this now.... and although a person usually tends to do what they are used to doing (or witnessing) for many years, he's done an amazing job thus far.  (i guess that's why he's so perfect for me! i absolutely adore my husband in case you couldn't tell).... while i am WAY open about my feelings, a lot of people aren't....

this afternoon, i'd received a text message from my father in law that was incredibly sweet. it made my eyes water (and i bet that wasn't even his intention).... it was short, sweet and to the point, and yet it meant so much to me.... so much more than i think he'd ever even realize.... 

you know, i sure am sad that my father and jason's mother are not here to enjoy our little man.... i wish that my father were able to meet jason. I feel so incredibly blessed to have had the few small opportunities and conversations with Marion that I had.... it gives me such a sense of peace.... i know that probably sounds a little bit dramatic (?) maybe? i don't know..... i am just glad to have had that opportunity.... little did they know her son, and my mom's daughter (2 friends from middle school) would end up being married many years later.... i still get a kick out of that, and in some weird way, i just feel like it was more than "meant to be."

anyway.... i got a little off topic, like i normally do.... but i just wanted to say thank you Steve.... for those few short words you sent tonight. you made my evening.... =)   

i love our family too and look forward to all the memories that lie ahead of us together! =)

No comments: