Monday, June 14, 2010

i'm not dead.

there was this one time, when everyone thought i was dead.....
I may have even thought i was dead too....
i don't remember....


buuuuuuut, i am still very much alive.
history (class) has consumed my life for the moment....
but i'll be back in the next 5 weeks or so. =)

i hope you will all still be here when i return....
heck, i hope i'll be here when i return....

on an entirely different note, i've been walking every single morning and have been feeling great.
i picked up a side job (wait, did i already tell you guys this?)
i go to starbucks EVERY single day.... yes, 7 days a week.
they needed help at night.
so i accepted.
i am there every single day anyway, why not get free starbucks, AND get paid for it, and after all, that is what i said i would do if money didn't matter.
and it really DOESN'T matter, BUT my sanity does....

on the 25th of June (less than 2 weeks), i will be getting my lasik eye surgery done.
i hope to be eyeglasses and contact lense free from there on out.
don't forget, my vision is currently a handicap.

imagine, going on a skyrise lift thingy at the fair.... and this is what you see....


cuz that's pretty much what my vision is like without glasses or contacts....

or imagine, being ALL up in someone's grill, and this is STILL how you see them, even though they think you're trying to make out with them or something....

but you're totally not....
and it's awkward.... and you say something like, "i was just seeing who you were...."
and they're all, "yeah right, you totally just tried to make out with me...."
and you're like, "why would i make out with you? i couldn't even tell if you were a girl or a boy!"
and then they get all offended thinking that you just called them a transgender or something....
and it just makes for a really awkward situation....

i am legally blind, so to wake up without contacts or glasses will be PHENOMENAL!

i cannot wait.....

jason says he's a little worried! i said "i know, me too!"
and he said, "no, i'm scared that you'll see what i really look like and you won't wanna be with me anymore...."

i'm pretty sure he's still the most handsome man ever, with or without contacts or glasses.... love him!

HOWEVER, if i make it back to my blog (or yours), and for some reason you can't read my posts (or comments) because they look like this:

asdhlkeydhdkgdaoidfhnendkdguh dkahfei dfeh
dasodfi
lskadfjoiweurnd

you can assume the surgery didn't work,
and that i can't line my hands up correctly on the keyboard anymore....

hopefully that doesn't happen, and hopefully i come back happy as a clam with perfect vision!
SEE ya'll soon!!!! ;)

5 comments:

Ms. A said...

Lasik was THE best thing my sister ever did for herself! Here's wishing you all the luck in the world. Five weeks without Ashley will be hard. I'll try to survive, but it won't be easy. Then, again, nothing in my life is easy.

Melissa said...

Nothing to be worried about. These surgeries are wonderful!!! My aunt had it done to each eye b/c she was legally blind - litterally only saw shadows of things! - Now she sees everything crystal clear :-) Good luck!

Ashley King said...

i hear all these wonderful stories about it, so i truly cannot wait!! =) thanks ladies!!! =) p.s. the prep for these things is nuts!!! all these drops and scrubs and antibiotics and supplements.... i should have prepared for the preparation with some memory pills first.... i can't remember all that i'm supposed to do daily! ;)

@Ms A. i'll be in and out for the next 5 weeks, just not posting like i normally do! and i'll try to pop in as often as i can! i'd miss you guys too much otherwise! =)

sarahjayne smythe said...

I hope your surgery goes well and your class does, too. :)

Marlene said...

Good luck with the LASIK. I used to work in the field. I was a surgical counselor and then did some marketing for them. I have a gazillion friends who have had it done.