Sunday, March 7, 2010

LIES!!!!

i nearly fist fought my scale today....

there are 2 specific tiles that i put the scale on, so that the weight will remain the same everyday, well i mean so that it will be accurate....

or so i thought....

it's been right around the 140-144 mark for a while, until a few days ago, it was 137.8 lbs.
WOO HOO, right?!
i'd cut back from a venti starbucks, to a tall starbucks, which (i think) cut my calories in half....
i thought this was working!
today....
stepped on scale and it went back and forth and finally read 140.6.
i picked it up and put it back down, so it zero'd out and stepped on again (the same 2 tiles)....
it went back and forth and settled at 144.6.
HOW, in LESS THAN A MINUTE, did i gain 4 lbs?!?!
NONSENSE i tell you!!!!
NONSENSE!!!!
i wanted to throw TAYLOR across the room.
no not my daughter, TAYLOR is my scale, or the name of the company who made my scale, at least....

i'm not entirely sure i trust her anymore....
pssssh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you weigh yourself at the same time every day? I used to weigh myself first thing in the morning after going to the washroom. That should be your true weight. If you don't do this already, it might account for Taylor's evilness. If you do, then I think you should totally throw 'er across the room. :)

Ashley King said...

i was weighing myself at the time same time everyday (well for the first few days, and then i would just do it randomly.... which could account for some of the difference, EXCEPT.... the last time, when i thought, hmmm, i wonder if that's right.... so i waited a second for the scale to reset itself back to zero and got back on within about a minute and within that ONE SINGLE MINUTE, there was a four pound difference. i didn't devour a box of girl scout cookies, or eat a little baby. in fact, i didn't even have a sip of water. i just got off the scale and back on.... boooo for lying scales. i've decided to forget the scale and just look at myself from the side in the mirror and determine if my stomach has grown or gone down.... i'll look at it straight on and decide if i still look like a kangaroo with the extra pouch up front.... =)