Saturday, March 6, 2010

four play.... for play.... foreplay....

FOUR PLAY: last night, all four of us went to dinner. (Jason, Taylor, Lewie and myself) We joked around the table, ate a really good meal and got good use out of ONE of the MANY gift cards we have been stashing in our underwear drawers for quite some time now. (do not break in to our home and try to steal our gift cards from our underwear drawer, because I have since moved them since this post). ;) I held Lewie while trying to eat my "street style mini steak tacos" and everytime I'd put the food to my mouth, Lewie would open his mouth too and lean his face in to my taco.... so i ended up letting him munch on 2 pieces of steak and a grilled onion.... gave him some of my ice water and lemon, and we all enjoyed the heck out of watching him enjoy "real" food.... too much fun....

FOR PLAY: Jason and taylor go on and on about how grumpy mom is (not me, some other mom).... that's "for play." Jason throws a sweater across the room and it lands on Lewie's head and covers his eyes. He cannot see and begins to grunt. (that's "for play").... I hear Lewie crying in the middle of the night, and continue to snore and drool and act like I am sleeping so that jason will get up and help Lewie get settled back into some slumber.... that is "for play."

which leads me in to my next example of "foreplay."

you ask a man his definition of "foreplay" and he'll give you something that might make you really uncomfortable (or really comfortable if you're a freak), depending on who you are.... you ask a woman her definition of the word, and it's (usually) entirely different!

So we get to talking last night, and i think there is a HUGE difference and understanding that men and women need to come to.....

MEN.... our idea of this definition is usually mental on some level, and although you THINK we are mental, i'm not referring to that kind of mental. Our closeness (usually) comes from feeling close to our husbands on that level. Good conversation about all sorts of different stuff, all night, can lead to me feeling close to my husband. A nice massage, or noticing a few things I've done.... that's nice.... noticing that when you left for work this morning and the house was a complete disaster and that when you came home, the house was much cleaner, the floors were vacuumed, the laundry done and the bed is made.... noticing that, is nice (you don't need to go overboard, just a little mention and/or appreciation....) that's nice.... suggesting a date night.... that's nice.... being in a good mood, while doing something you both really don't want to do, like cleaning the house (see movie "The Break Up" for example) .... that's nice too.... i can go on and on.... it's these super goober-tastic things that can REALLY make a woman feel nice and WANT to be close to you in the ways that YOU probably want to be close to her....

WOMEN.... i don't know where to help you here... i'm still working on this one myself. haha. Men are (usually) more playful than the women.... not always, but usually.... our definitions of the word are so incredibly different, that i DO understand why many people end up sleeping with their backs to each other.... their wants are ENTIRELY different (usually)....

so jason and i played this game last night (and i had SO much fun with my husband, not in that way, you perv!).... we were straightening the house together, when he picks up my starbucks cup and takes it to the kitchen.... "is this foreplay, honey?" he asks as he rinses it out and throws it away.... this game goes on all night, and we are laughing hysterically at some of the things the other one is doing....

just brought me to some odd conclusion (and a great idea that i'm not entirely convinced i know how to communicate comfortably yet), that our ideas of "closeness" are entirely different.... we both have some bending to do to bring the other one in....

the main point of this blog...is no, not to seduce men by ANY means.... (and i'm sure i haven't done that at ALL, haha) but the main point is, "men.... just step up your game for your wives...."

(jason's got it down now).... that's right.... clean out that cup, shake your tail while vacuuming, put your dirty clothes in the laundry basket... squeegy (sp?) down that shower.... uh huh, you've got it! do your thang boy!!!

this makes for some VERY happy women....

2 comments:

Buy me a Barbie Doll said...

Whatever 4-play it is, my hubby is great at it!!! He knows how to make me a VERY happy camper, and no, not in that sense!! We've agreed to lessening the visits our housekeeper comes to clean our house because we are going to "clean" together, the times she doesn't come. He's VERY worried that he will be the only one doing the 4-play!!! LOL

The Drunk Mommy Diary said...

Hahahahaha! you slay me! I love this post. I think I'll frame it! speaking of foreplay- we had to give up after several attempts with the dog scratching at the door and the three yr old refusing to stay asleep. sigh.
i agree that the definition varies by gender. if he hasn't tried to hold my hand or hold me during the day- if he hasn't attempted to interrupt my dishwashing or blogging to kiss me- i don't even want him to bother.
but he cooks, too, and if you could try his food, girl, you'd know why i never sleep with my back to my man.