Saturday, August 15, 2009

surf and turd, i mean turf.....

So where do I begin with today?

Let me see. The day started with our final wake up around 910 am. Jason was very much in a "little man" mood, so he took over first thing this morning which was nice. Daddy and little man hangin for awhile, while mama got to shower and start to get ready. Our plans started as going over to my parents house (so jason could get one of his online courses nearly finished), and me and the kiddos would just hang out and visit mom and poopa (yes, poopa).... Jason wanted a start time of about 10.... But with all of our delays and necessary feedings and such, the earliest it looked like we'd be around the corner at moms would be 11 am.... Jason said he "didn't feel like doing the class anymore." But instead wanted us to do something as a family instead, since it's always work work work for him.... Earlier this week. I'd mentioned the obon (oh-bone) festival.... (Japanese festival that grammy has been wanting to go to) and it's this weekend in gardena.... We were going to go. Jason brought it up this morning, so I called and asked grammy if she wanted to go. Poor grammy, said she only needed 20 minutes to get ready, and she did.... But in that duration, I just did NOT get hooked on the idea of going allllllll the way out to gardena from here.... Mexico is closer! And besides that, taylor was having a sleepover at jason's parent's house tonight with Susan's (his step-mom's) niece, Hana. (Yes, that's the correct spelling).... She had to be over there by 5.... So it just didn't feel like we were going to have enough time, and to be quite honest, I kind of just wanted to be with my husband.... (After having thought about what I wanted to do for the day).... So after contemplating what to do, we just got into the truck and said "north or south?" And ended up heading south on the 5. We ended up in san clemente and at the beach (the pier).... We walked out onto the pier and watched the surfers for a while. It was nice.... Jason told T he would get out there one day and "show her how its done." I love when he gets a little cocky like that.... It doesn't happen very often, but I love it when it does.... He's a great surfer by the way.... I got up suuuper early and we went to the beach a few times and I'd sit and watch him surf (even though it would be cold as heck).... He's such a stud! =). Sorry. Mental picture of him surfing distracted me....
Anyway.... We walked around a bit.... Lots going on down there by the water.... But I was starting to hurt, so we couldn't stay, (or walk too far or) too long....

We went and got some lunch and made our way back home. we (well, me and the shark) took a nap and then headed over to the in-laws at around 5.

You know, before we headed over there. I had posted a comment on facebook saying "I wish I had made it over to the mall today. I wouldve gotten myself a shirt." Well, that must've been my psychic-ness coming through or something, because while we are over there, I'm holding my little guy, when all of a sudden, he BLASTS a big one!!!! (It sprayed out of his diaper and all over my hand and shirt).... Jason just looks at me and starts laughing and is begging me to "help mama." (Being that I passed him on to jason to clean).... Jason doesn't like or do the poopy diapers.... He says "baby steps mama." Haha! I don't mind. So I go and clean off my shirt thinking 2 things. 1. I'm glad I didn't have a full set of nails on.... The poop would have been all in them and probably wouldn't have come out completely.... Even if I washed the heck out of my hands.... And 2. I KNEW I should've gone to the mall to get a new shirt today.... Must go tomorrow, and from now on, carry extra clothes for mom (not just shark) in the diaper bag....

Speaking of diaper bag.... It's funny how a diaper bag suddenly becomes your new purse once you have kids.... Or a baby at least.... I find myself just putting my wallet into the diaper bag, and leaving the purse at home.... LAME! I saw a suuper cute diaper bag at the mall, but it was in someone's stroller so I really have no idea where to find one like that. And I'm not a "heeeeeey where'd you get that?" Kind of person (with the exception of summer's wrap and hooter hider, what can I say, she has great taste) =)

So anyway.... We end up getting panda express for dinner, checking out a few tattoo magazines (found a style I'd LOVE to be added to my arm) and just hung out at home.... Nothing better than being with my hubby!!!!

Little man somehow managed to stick pretty dead on with his "schedule" today and fell asleep around 1030 tonight (in my arms) without screaming his head off before doing so. He actually just ate, curled up on daddy for a while, then came into my arms and fell right to sleep after I rubbed him and rocked him for about 10 minutes.... Rubbing and rocking are much better than letting him scream for 10 minutes before picking him up and having him pass out on me because he's soo tired and exhausted....

Now the hubby's passed out next to me and I can't help but want to curl up on his chest and fall asleep too.... He's such a good daddy.... And an even more amazing partner!!!! I love you Jason....

T is over at the sleepover. They had mac n cheese for dinner and made smores in the backyard around the firepit.... How fun!

We'll see what tomorrow brings.... A new shirt maybe?? I hope so....

Good night. =)

No comments: