Tuesday, August 18, 2009

i can jiggle, i can juggle....

So monday.... Maybe not such an interesting day as it happens, but when you sit back and review your day at 2 o clock in the morning, it somehow seems to have been a waaaaay more interesting day than what it actually seemed to be at the time....

The mornings always seem to lag these days (and they kinda did before anyway,) but, they're super, extra, ultra long because they are based around my shark of a son and when he'll go off on one of his feeding frenzies....

Our day really got started closer to noon.... We headed over to moms, after enjoying some deliciously reheated cinnamon rolls from the night before's dessert.... (They really were tasty!!!) YUM! Got over to mom's house to print out the "pre-registration" form for T's school.... And being that I'm always on top of things, these are about the last 2 days to turn them in.... You can "email" the form, but it was a pdf file and once you typed on the form, none of the "changes" were saved, so when you'd go to email the form, you were emailing a blank form back, which really made no sense what-so-ever.... So I had to take down the address (which was in san juan capistrano), mapquest it on my lovely ultra fast (super slow) phone, and off to SJC we headed! You know, the whole time we were driving on the freeway, (with my seatbelt TIGHTLY fastened, to say the least), I couldn't help but to notice how much I was "jiggling...." It was funny b/c it's something I never really noticed before. Maybe I just didn't "jiggle" before. Anyway, paying attention to the "jiggling" got us there in what seemed to be about 2 minutes (but I think it was a little bit longer, being that crown valley to camino capistrano was at least 3 and a half miles. We get there, search for parking, get the stroller, get all loaded up and head into this office.... What are we looking at here? Ehhh, like 2 hrs, I'm guessing.... So we head in.... Wait behind these 2 kids, in this super quiet building.... I decided to take little man out of his stroller because 1. If he cried, it would probably scare everyone within the 3 mile radius (it was that quiet) and 2. Who knows how long we were going to be here.... So the kids are done, and we're up.... "Hi. I'd like to turn in this pre-registration form for my daughter please," I said to the lady at the front desk.... I think her name was "Linda Ross."
"What grade will she be going into," she asks.... "2nd grade," I answer. I hand her the paper. "Okay thank you," she says. I pause.... Surely there's more. I mean come on, ask me for my proof of residency, my utility bills, my whatever else you're gonna ask me for, I got it!!! She looks up at me rocking little shark man.... And smiles.... I smile back.... She asks "did you need anything else?". I ask, "that's it?" She said,"yep. That's it!" Wow! Okay! We are done!! Hahaha! I could have just been one of those moms you'd have seen on the news later that night, and left my 2 kiddos in the car to run that paper in myself, but we did it the right way.... =). Anyway.... We left. Picked up steven (jasons younger brother, for those of you just joining us) and headed to the mall for some school shopping for T (after a pit stop to good ol' taco bell).... We made it into the mall and to Old Navy (at the mission mall).... And that was enough for me for the day. Hahahhaha! Yeaaaaah! We spent about 75 bucks, 10 of which went towards a little outfit for the shark. It's super cute. "If you think I'm cool, wait til you see my dad" or something to that effect. Steven said we should get it, so we did. T got 2 pairs of "skinny jeans." And 6 tops. That's a good deal. The jeans were normally like 20 something a piece on sale for 10. Score!!!

We head home so I can start the chili.... YUM. Jasons staying late at work by the way.... He texted me earlier saying he'd leave LA sometime around 530 (usually he'd be out of there around 330).... It was his first day on this LA jobsite.... So I understood.... First day meeting all the bigshots and. Blah blah blah.... Gave the chili a little extra time to simmer.... Add a little more flavor.... Jason gets home at almost 7 (gotta love california freeways where the average speed on any given freeway is 30 mph, IF you're lucky).... He is clearly not in a lovely mood (I can imagine, a long day and now has to take his brother home and prepare for the meeting tomorrow, which is actually yesterday).... So he takes Steven home while I bathe our shark (who loves baths, but is screaming because he wants to eat).... Shame on me for ruining our little guy's schedule.... I woke him at 7 rather than letting him sleep until about 8....bad mama!!! So jason comes home and asks if the chili is ready. Said he hasn't eaten since sunday night. What the heck?! I guess he was so busy at work, and there was NOTHING in the surrounding area for him to eat unless he wanted a live chicken from across the street (that the guy would gladly snap the head off for you) or he could chow down on some of the rotting german shepard size rotting dog in a huge trash bag on their jobsite.... Yeah those were his 2 options yesterday.... Mind you, he is working in LA where there is a pit bull in every single yard.... Homeless people asking him for money, not food, but money.... There are gangsters on every porch (to go with the pitbulls).... There are no bathrooms, and no trailers or buildings on his site.... It's a flat dirt surface, with no shade, ready to be built on....

He scarfs down half a bowl of chili. Takes one swig of his diet coke, asks for a glass of milk. Drinks half a glass of milk, and passes out on the couch. I kid you not, I saw him for less than 10 minutes before he was asleep.... Oh and some of those very few words exchanged between us, were him asking me to "make him stop crying please." (He was referring to our little man who was screaming his little head off) while jason held his head (he had a horrible headache).... I knew this was bad.... Jason never acts like that and has never once asked me to "make him stop crying." He always picks him up and plays with him and tries to calm him down. Not this night.... So....

Jason's now passed out on the couch. Taylors whispering and following me around the house. I'm feeding Shark. Asia's outside whining (at the crazy barking dogs below her), which reminds me she needs her walk, Shark needs to be changed, Taylor wants her nails painted, Jason feels like crap and should really just go to bed.... IN OUR BED, not on the couch (where there's all the noise)....

Finally, Shark's changed and clean and fed.... And.... Now sleeping. Perfect. Now I can eat. I put him to bed, eat a bowl of chili (with some ritz crackers that I was craving) HORRIBLE combination by the way!!!! *gag*

Taylor's sitting next to me, watching every bite I take. (Mind you, she's already eaten dinner, but food happens to be quite an obsession of hers).... So jason wakes up (and I'd like to think it had NOTHING to do with my chewing of the ritz crackers or loud gulping of my ice water, but it very well may have been).... Through his "one eye squinting, one eye closed" look, he reaches for my leg, rubs it and lies back down.... I know this is him saying "sorry I feel like crap. Thank you for dinner." And even if that's not what it meant, I was pretending it did.... =). He asked for some ritz and then got up to shower.... Soooo.... As soon as I finished my bowl of chili con ritz, I.... Rinsed the bowls, soaked the dishes, put away enough stuff.... I started getting T ready for bed, took asia out, fed her, moved the ranger into the garage (slick 7000 point turn, by the way).... Which reminds me, that truck needs to get serviced! Came upstairs, and there's Jason.... Lying in bed...waving his hand, as if to say "come here!!" So I sat on the bed and he was noooot feeling well... He just wanted me to lay with him (after I got him some gatorade and water), but I couldn't stand to lie with him... He was buuurning up!!!! He knows how I fight fevers.... I did it to him before.... I get a decent size bowl or container or something with ice cold water and a few washclothes.... And soak him in them.... Keep rewetting them and wipe him down until he's cold.... He hates it initially, but oh well. No one's burning up or running a temp like that on my watch! =). It worked! After about an hour of soaking, 2 bottles of water and a big bottle of orange gatorade later, he was cooled down and coming back to life.... We talked a little and he was actually himself again. Nice! I then prepared myself for bed and realized 2 things for this lovely, hectic monday....
I can jiggle.
And I can juggle....

=)

No comments: