Tuesday, August 11, 2009

and to you, crazy lady....

So today is the continuation of a not so great night... If there was a toilet big enough to fit me in it, I would probably cover my face in a snorkle mask and hide out for the day....

I don't know what happened.... I didn't get anything "accomplished" yesterday, but filling my belly and spending 35 bucks to do so.... But it was a nice lunch. My only problem now, is that I didn't get anything done on my "to-do" list....

Last night was just.... BLAH! Jason had a super sensitive headache (which I felt horrible for) I know how awful those things are! And even worse because he doesn't like to take medicine so he basically just sat it out.... And went to sleep early.... Which left me with the two kiddos and myself to look after.... Which doesn't seem like it would be too much, but with a 3 wk old and a 6 year old, it kind of was. Taylor was needing extra attention last night, and I was actually okay to give it to her.... But I had a whiny fussing baby in my arms.... I fed him (about 4 times) and put him in his carrier and carried him out of our bedroom (so jason could, hopefully, get some sleep and get rid of his killer headache).... Went to taylors room to tuck her in (which she was sooo disappointed that this was the first time he was here and didn't tuck her in).... But momma tucked her in.... While little shark was fussin for me again.... Wanted to eat or be held to sleep.... But I still had to get ready for bed and go potty (after 8 glasses of water).... The dog still needed to be taken out and fed.... So out with asia (the dog) we went.... Little man and I.... Only to find a nice, sweet (horribly rude, inconsiderate and THREATENING) letter about our sweet asia on our front door mat (which just so happens to be the coolest doormat around).... This letter was "anonymous" but not very anonymous, when we just had a lady come to our door the other night at 1030 pm asking if anyone lived here because she thought our dog was stranded on the patio with no tenants.... Yes we live here and are here, in fact, every single day.... And I take her out for walks, every single day.... This old (crazy) lady is indeed crazy!!!! Not just saying that because she came over the other night at 1030 at night, ringing the doorbell like she was being chased and about to be killed, but because she happens to be the same lady that was yelling, I mean SCREAMING and cursing at one of the other neighbors at 4 or 5 something in the morning about a month or 2 ago.... And then this letter.... THIS letter is what had my blood boiling last night.... I mean, I was so upset, my head felt fuzzy... It was like I couldn't even see straight.... Come knock on my door... And not at 1030 at night, but knock on my door and act like there's an issue, not like ur concerned.... Act as tough as you did in that letter, not all sweet and innocent, you know? Not saying I would have done anything crazy, but the issue would have probably been addressed a little bit differently than as politely as it was.... (Maybe Jason standing there in his underwear lightened the situation.... It probably would have lightened it for me, had I been the old crazy lady standing outside the door of a studly man in his underwear....). ;)

Yeah so anyway.... I was awake for about an hour and a half after shark went to sleep, thinking about that letter and how I couldn't let it offend me.... And alas, I fell asleep....

Then I wake up this morning to my dear sweet taylor wanting mucho attention and to know when we were going to go to the craft store to purchase some very much needed elastic, so that she could continue her new obsession.... Beading!!!! I couldn't even see straight at 8 am, being that I had been back to sleep for about 2 hrs or so. It's okay though.... She is only 6! (I kept telling myself that).... I told her we would get it today.... She need not worry. =). Little man eats and then falls back asleep. I jump in the shower, only to come out and find him squirming restlessly and whimpering.... Standing in my bra and drawstring pants (with a towel on my head) I picked him up, feeling rather soft at the moment.... *PUKE* all down the front of me.... And all over my fresh clean black pants.... He looks like he feels much better. His whimpering stops and now he's just bright eyed and wants to hang.... Awesome.... (With the exception of the warm wet puke I just sat in on my bed too.... Yep. His puke managed to land on the sheets on my side of the bed! Like I said, awesome!). Ha!

Soooo.... I don't think I mentioned that our bathroom outlets stopped working about a week ago or so.... There is no reset button on the outlets, so I figured maybe it was a breaker? (However, the breaker box is in the garage and covered by about 8 big heavy boxes.... Not very easily accessible) Both bathroom's outlets were not working.... Anyway.... I took a fan down to the garage and plugged it in, and turned it on.... Nothing.... After looking at this outlet, it HAD a reset button. I pushed the reset button, and turned on the fan again.... This time, IT WORKED!!!! At the exact same time the fan turned on, I got this brilliant idea that "hey! Maybe the bathroom outlets were somehow tied to this outlet!". So upstairs I went and plugged in our sonicare toothbrush charger, put the toothbrush on the charger and voila!!! The green light began flashing.... It was charging!!!! Woo hoo!!!! I should become an electrician! Okay, so maybe not, but at least I fixed something that has been incredibly annoying! (I.e. Blowdrying my hair in the living room.)

I thought about typing out the entire RUDE letter but decided against it. In fact, I don't even want to re-open the letter and re-read it.... I know how upset it made me last night, and I really don't feel like getting that upset again, which drew me to another epiphany/conclusion today.... The many years of therapy I've had, have actually helped me!!! Haha! I used to read and re-read stuff like that.... Or in the relationship aspect of it, I'd intentionally look for stuff to be mad about.... Stupid text messages and stuff like that.... Now I try to steer clear of all that "make me mad" stuff.... Probably because there is none in this relationship, and so the closest thing I can compare it to is this rude mean letter from an old crazy lady about my "beast of a dog!"

Okay, yeah. Sometimes my mind goes to "this place" where only I fully understand what I'm talking about.... Now is probably one of those times....

To my old, crazy neighbor, I wish I had the courage to smear dog poop all over your car (or your face), because I would. I would show you what a beast of a dog my dear sweet asia is, (or what kind of beasts she can release)....

To my precious taylor, we will get your elastic.... But life isn't always on your schedule... And right now.... It's really not on mine either. It's frustrating, I know.

To shane, (one of jason's younger brothers) congrats on passing ur drivers test and getting your license.

To Jason, the greatest hub in the world, thanks for the pep talk this morning! You are the greatest!!!! And even though you get bossy sometimes and think u can tell me what to do (and even though I don't listen) I love you with all of my heart and soul! You are the best! Now I hope ur headaches gone, cuz I'm not doing all job duties every night! ;) I'm kidding, my love. I love you!!!! (I wish you could see our son right now. His neck is leaning back and his mouth is wide open with his arms to the side of his head.) It's great! =)

And to myself.... Get off the computer and go accomplish something else today....

No comments: