Saturday, August 8, 2009

don't cry over spilt milk....

Or leaked milk or whatever.... It's all the same....
I've got to say, that I'm burnt! I LOVE it, but I'm absolutely burnt!!!! I'm sure Jason is too, but probably on an entirely different level.... We haven't talked much about it (which isn't really like us.... We usually talk about everything.... Almost)....
Anyway.... I'm tired!!! We signed up for this! We did! I know we did!!!! I don't think anyone gets it.... Especially men.... That when you sign up for a baby, all the stuff that goes into it.... That is not meant to put down the men by any means.... Jason does do a lot for me... And stays up with me when I have a melt down cuz our little man won't go back to sleep after being awake for 3 hrs in the middle of the night.. But from the very start of carrying a baby.... And the hormones, and the emotions, and the weight gain, and the body changes, and the pain, and the added stress, to the labor and birthing of the child... To the ugly body after the baby.... To the breastfeeding attempts, failures and attempts again.... And all the pain in between learning how to do this.... And do it right.... I wasn't entirely keen on the idea of breastfeeding. I mean, I didn't with Taylor, and she was just fine.... So I didn't really have high hopes about breastfeeding our little guy.... MAN, does the hospital EVER push breastfeeding on you.... Besides that, little man took to it riiight after he was born.... So I have kinda been stuck with it.... I do really enjoy the "bonding" that people talk about.... Although the whole idea of your son chowing down on ur boob may not be the most appealing idea, (or the aftermath of those poor things).... The simplicity of not even getting out of bed to feed him is fantastic.... Or not having to rush to the store for more formula is almost as great.... Not to mention all the money you save.... (Well, excluding the money that will need to be spent on a reconstructive breast surgery at a later time, ha!) Thanks for that one tuety!! You can always get a chuckle out of me.... But seriously.... How long do you breastfeed before those things are no longer "those things" they were before?? How long til they lose their life? That's a serious question. Cuz I have nooo idea!!!

Today was an emotional day, and it very well may have been because he wouldn't go back to sleep once he woke up at 425 this morning and stayed up until ohhhh about EIGHT AM!!!! I was just burnt!!!! I was okay with him, just super tired.... Didn't melt down until about 1130 am when we should have been in Long beach, enjoying a nice lunch w daddy, but were still at home because he woke up and was tired again.... It's not like you can detach ur boob and feed the little fella while ur driving.... soooo.... I sat there feeding him, with great hopes we could still make it in time for lunch w daddy.... No such luck.... Daddy was on his way home.... So we waited until he came home and we all went to eat together.... (By the way, we did something that made me realllly uncomfortable) jason parked in the 15 minute only parking to save me from having to walk very far.... I wanted him to move the car, but he said we had a seat inside the restaurant that we'd be staring at the truck the whole time and if he needed to go move it, he would.... I can NEVER bring myself to do that.... I always get too scared that my luck, I'd get a ticket, or something.....

So that was our dare devilish thing for today.... After lunch, we went to Target for a few miscellaneous items we needed, including another pack of newborn diapers, jasons deodorant, taylors body wash and toothpaste and a MUST HAVE "twist" magazine for T.... I'd never heard of it until today, but the Jonas brothers, miley cyrus. Demi lovato, miranda cosgrove.... Yeah this magazine had all the hot up-to-date info on all these way cool people.... ;). This was a must have for T.... Kept her busy for about 30 minutes total, until she finished reading it.... That comes out to about 13 cents a minute of pure entertainment!!! =).
So I've just finished feeding my little shark for ohhhh say the 6th time today (maybe more).... He has a super big milk mustache (which I absolutely love, by the way).... And is passed out on me again.... The hubby's sleeping (still) and has been for a few hrs now.... Taylor's just showered up, and I just finished folding another load of laundry (that I totally didn't fold last night).... I'm going to wash our bedsheets (since little man decided to spray while I changed him earlier (on the bed, bad idea).... Here's to hoping mom feels better soon, so we can go visit them tonight.... It's been a week since we've been over there.... I'm getting way tired.... Should probably nap now that the little guys knocked out.... To a night full of more z's than last....

Good day! =)

No comments: