Tuesday, April 7, 2009

mommy and daddy/ auntie and uncle....

So today we got news that not only will we be a mommy and daddy), which we've already known, but we will now be an auntie and uncle as well!  After 3 years of failed attempts, Melissa and Dustin have finally come up pregnant. She is around 5 weeks pregnant, and due around December 6th.... our 1 year anniversary.... wow!  What a complete surprise!  The negative side of me worries, just as I did at the beginning of our pregnancy, because their's (as with ours) was highly wanted (unexpected, but desperately wanted!)

Keep them in your prayers, please. I wish nothing but the best for them!  

On a more painful sidenote, the doctors finally know what's wrong with me.... Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction.... the separating of my pubic/pelvic bone.... SUPER painful to the point of me barely being able to walk.... I'm awaiting the approval of my referral for physical therapy and that should begin this week.... out of work for 2 weeks to see if the physical therapy helps it at all.... it's progressively gotten worse, and is said to only get worse as the baby continues to grow and the weight continues to press down on the bone.... we'll see how all that goes.... I'm beginning to accept that the remainder of these last few months will be painful, but I am highly convinced that the payoff will be more than worth it and I will (hopefully) forget all this pain, just as I began to forget about the pain with Taylor. (only Taylor was constant vomiting.... a completely different type of discomfort).  

A friend of mine said, "Ashley, there's something about you and pregnancy that just don't agree...." I think she's right.... Maybe this will be it for us.... our girl and our boy, and be done.... Jason doesn't seem to think so.... he says, "in a few years, you'll begin to want that newborn baby around again and you'll get an itch for another one...."  I don't know that I agree.... this may just be it for me.... 

I think I'm officially turning in my crown, as of today, for the pregnancy attention.   I don't want to be in the limelight, and maybe this is good for me to suck it up, like a champ, and carry out these next and last 4 months like a.... well.... I don't know.... let them go by and just be merry.... ha!

Enough of my jibberish. It's clear, I need therapy still.... Away to my sweet, peaceful (awkward, hormonal) dreams I go....

No comments: