Wednesday, June 24, 2009

sissy pants....

So I really feel like such a wimp right now.... I can't sleep and maybe that's due to me feeling like I can't freakin breathe.... And no matter which way I turn, its not helping.... So I tossed and turned and readjusted pillows under my knees, behind my back and everywhere they could be adjusted and it just wasn't helping, so as a last ditch effort, I decided to come try the couch, in hopes that jason could actually get some sleep tonight (which would be fantastic considering he'll be up for work in 4 hours) mind you, we've been in bed since 9. He's been sleeping since approximately 902, and me, well here I am!!!! So here I am on the couch, trying to get comfortable on the couch... Love how cold the couch is (because both windows are open) but that's not really helping the sleeping thing either because I hear people outside, and wait what's that? Ah yes, the constant refilling of the toilet tank in Taylors bathroom. So I've decided to attempt a plumber's job and set up some sort of contraption, which I'd love to actually photograph and show you guys.... I removed the lid of the tank and on the black little floating device that moves to the top as the tank fills, I attached a stretchy headband (like a huge rubberband) and pulled it up and to the counter where I grabbed the heaviest item I could find in her bathroom, which just so happened to be a pantene conditioner bottle.... I set that oversized costco bottle of conditionder on top of this oversized elastic rubberband (headband) and voila! The toilet is no longer running.... You know, I'd love to take the credit for this whole contraption, but the honesty in me doesn't allow me to. (I saw jason do this before). =). So needless to say, the water isn't constantly refilling inside the tank which is a wonderful thing, considering this extreme water shortage we are in right now.... Speaking of water, I just drank 2 large glasses of water. (Probably not the greatest idea for someone trying to "get some sleep") and now.... NOW my little man has hiccups and decided that 2 large glasses of water was just enough to wake him up to play.... So much for that whole idea of letting jason try to get some sleep.... I don't like not sleeping next to him, in fact it's impossible (at least at the moment).... So I'm taking my three pillows and making my way back to bed.... For now.... Hopefully you all never experience a night like this one.... May your heads hit your pillows, your eyes fight to stay awake (and lose) and may you have sweet, peaceful dreams.... Good night (for the 2nd time tonight)....

1 comment:

Pat Tillett said...

Hey, I can most certainly fix your toilet for you. I just don't want to step on Jason's toes. I know he spends so much time working, or on his way to or from work. Really, it's no problem at all. After all we have some history in this area.... (sorry)

love you