Thursday, December 24, 2009

compromised corneas....

so i already know that i have compromised corneas. they told me that this past year, which doesn't allow me to have the lasik surgery even if my vision stopped changing (which it has for the past 3 years).... 
i would have been a candidate but for whatever reason, my corneas are all jacked up and now i can't see and i can't have the procedure.... 
i've been going to costco for my eyes exams for the past many many years, and usually a box of contacts lasts me about a year.... 
not gonna lie, i've slept in my contacts for a loooooooong time (which i'm certain is the cause of my compromised corneas), but i have NOT slept in my contacts for the past year now! 
i've taken them out every single night and i soak them all night. i wear my glasses at night and every morning.... and it seems like my eyes are worse than they have ever been.
this started happening especially after i had lewie....
it happened in the hospital, where i could not put my contacts in and actually left the hospital in my glasses.... my eyes got SUPER light sensitive and i couldn't even keep 'em open. 
then, i had to wear my glasses for a few days, soaking my eyes with a hot washcloth every now and again....

well it's done it a bunch of times since then, and it sucks.
i can't keep my eyes open for very long. they water, they're super light sensitive.... and well, i think i just need new eyes....
of course, it's Christmas Eve.... my eyes are all jacked up, and i'm grumpy. i'm amazingly blessed to have a super supportive husband who is trying to help me get out of my moods, although i should totally be doing this myself.... he's out running all my last minute errands, and well, here i am venting about the stupid eyeballs i want to rip out of my face! ugh!

has anyone else ever experienced what i'm talking about? am i the only lame person on this planet whose eyes decide to shut down for a few days every few months? HELP!!!


whoa! i didn't know corneal transplants are a real thing!!!! i want one!!!! me next, me next!

so santa, if you're listening.... all i want for Christmas are 2 eyes that i can see with that won't go out of order every few months....  NEW CORNEAS PLEASE!!!!

No comments: