Monday, December 7, 2009

9 months to the day.... (originally written on August 24, 2008)

one of the few of the last pictures with my Dad. (11/2007)


it's been nine months to the day,
since he took your soul away,
from us here
in this place.
how i'd give anything 
to see your face.
just yesterday i reached 
to call you....
so often i think 
thoughts about you.
things i think would make you smile,
i haven't heard you in awhile....
but i feel your love come to me,
just like the wind 
at the sea.
how i wish you were here
with me....
how i miss your kisses good night....
and your tight hugs in the morning....
and you telling me your stories....
of all your times before me....
there's still so much 
i have to say....
today is 9 months since that day...
and i still miss you (Dad)....

No comments: